Feedback on Komodo IDE v10 "Let's Get Started"

This is my new favorite post on the Komodo forums so far!

2 Likes

Getting back on topic, I’ve also noticed how much faster v10 is.
Startup takes about half the time v9 takes. Project loading is markedly quicker.
Everything just seems more responsive.
I’m even starting to like the blue bar at the top :smirk:

Oh, and back to stickers… what about t-shirts??

I already have 3 t-shirts, 2 of them with old logos, 1 with ActiveState logo :stuck_out_tongue:

Not trying to say that I don’t want another one with the new logo!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a t-shirt myself.

@Mark_Oxley glad the performance gains aren’t going unnoticed :slight_smile: We’ve spend a considerable amount of time profiling and improving several aspects of Komodo.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Configuring PHPUnit in Komodo 10

Thanks for sending me your profile folder. I’ve tested it on my end but could not reproduce your issue. However I did notice you have a bunch of addons installed that could cause problems in Komodo 10. I would recommend you uninstall any addons that modify the UI/skin.

Good point. I should really be testing with a vanilla install. I only use a couple of add ons regularly, so I’ll uninstall everything and test each add on individually to find the culprit.

I’ve removed all the add ons and skins, the issue is still present: the sum icons and some corruption of the background of the elements in the list. However, if I turn icons off, all corruption disappears. I did also check this on a Windows installation, and everything is fine there, so I guess it’s either a Mac only thing or my setup. When I have time, I’ll completely remove both copies of Komodo (9.3 and 10) fully, and re-install 10 on it’s own to see what happens.

Try safe-mode: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart in Safe-mode.

I just tried your profile on OSX and still cannot reproduce the issue. Very odd.

Btw, make sure you’re running the latest nightly - download it again just to play it safe: http://komodoide.com/download/#preview

Looks like it must have been something with my 9.3 installation that v 10 picked up. I removed both versions, including all the folders from Application Support and reinstalled.
Now everything is fine.
Thanks for looking into this for me guys, I’m still not sure what it was, but it’s all fixed now.

Did you somehow upgrade from 9.3 to 10.0 ? Ie. it wasnt a clean install of 10.0?

I think I must have. Not sure how.
I’ve tried replicating the problem without re-installing v9.3, but it has completely gone away.

The blue toolbar in the Windows version is super ugly. The icons look very amateurish. The font size in the menu is too small also.

1 Like
  • You’d enable native decorations to remove this “super ugly” blue toolbar in Preferences - Appearance.

• You’d change the font size in Preferences - Color Scheme.

Or, if you don’t like the blue toolbar, just change your color scheme under Preferences > Appearance.

But why on fully dark (gray) theme you have decided to make the blue toolbar?
It really does not fit in a range of colors, very annoying eyes.

So there will be a visible difference between the titlebar and the editor part I guess. I don’t find this very useful though, but I’m using my own color scheme without this difference.

I see in many other (included) themes used toolbar colors appropriate theme.
Therefore surprised why the default theme did this discrepancy.

The others are the discrepancy really, the default was designed first. Unfortunately the unique contrasting colors of the default did not translate well to other color schemes.

I don’t agree that it “does not fit in a range of colors”. In fact the gray is not gray at all, it’s a blue, albeit a highly saturated blue. So far the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive on the new UI so I think this is just a case of different people different tastes.

On a fresh install of Komodo Edit 10 on a brand new Macbook, I see both “Vi” and “_vi” keybinding choices. Really confusing about which to pick.