Error when setting any keybinding

I think he is talking about this message:

I get this message every time I try setting any key binding (including preferences or toolbox (like snippets)), even changing keys.

(Yes, I tried editing or deleting that cmd_callPart command)

And it always says that cmd_callPart will be disabled?

Yes for me, even changing keys, I don’t know if is the same issue for Rich.

His problem is similar, I had this problem since version 8, So I learned to use some default komodo keys.

I posted this issue 1 year ago, someone (maybe careyh) told me it’s an interference with an old komodo shortcut or something… I don’t remember, I can look for that topic if you want.

sudo summon @careyh

Are you able to reproduce this issue if you set keybinding scheme to Default? (prefs - Key Bindings)

I just tried, and yes, this issue continues even setting default keybinding scheme.

I must clarify something, setting to default scheme does not remove toolbox key sequence (like snippets keybindings), this could make some errors, let me explain:

1. Ctrl+S is for save, right? what if I remove this sequence and add a snippet using Ctrl+S key.
  2. Then I can change my keybinding scheme to anything else (like default)
  3. Now Ctr+S is for Save and call my snippet.

I think configure keybindings it’s danguerous in some cases like this.

Does the problem disappear in safe-mode?

Help > Troubleshooting > Restart in Safe-mode

I have arrived (swoops in magestically)…What @nathanr said above. Judging from a comment in the commandsOverlay.xul you shouldn’t be able to touch that command you’re overwritting and if you’re over writing it looks like it will break things.

I’m guessing you have an addon/userscript or some sort of modification in your profile that is causing. Nathan’s suggestion should help us pin that down.

• Carey

I tried restarting in safe mode, everything looks like a clean komodo install, so I thinked the issue should be fixed, but I had a suprise when I added a new keybinding and got the same error.

I don’t understand, In safe mode I don’t see any custom addon, keybinding, userscripts, snippets, anything… the message is the same as before:

It’s a mistery, oh! magestic Careyh, can you tell us the answer to this issue, the life, the universe and everything?

@stramin,

Is there anything in the logs? What platform are you on? There is something really wrong with your windows in the screenshots you’ve shared.

• Carey

These lines appear when I try assignign a keybinding:

[2016-07-06 17:02:36,204] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="o" modifiers="control,alt" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/project/snippetProperties.xul:0
[2016-07-06 17:02:36,206] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on GTK2: key="u" modifiers="control,shift" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/project/snippetProperties.xul:0
[2016-07-06 17:02:36,206] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="v" modifiers="control,alt" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/project/snippetProperties.xul:0
[2016-07-06 17:04:12,493] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="o" modifiers="control,alt" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/tail/tail.xul:0
[2016-07-06 17:04:12,510] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on GTK2: key="u" modifiers="control,shift" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/tail/tail.xul:0
[2016-07-06 17:04:12,510] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="v" modifiers="control,alt" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/tail/tail.xul:0

I am using Windows 10 with high-contrast mode (I like working with no lights, so everything is dark).

Could you tell us what version of Komodo you are using? Additionally what platform are you using? (those special titlebar buttons look interesting).

Also, could you share the full error log after reproducting your issue (not just a section of it). The warnings you shared are not related to this issue.

@stramin,

What @nathanr said re: Komodo version and full logs. @nathanr, he’s on Windows 10 like me. I think you can drag and drop the file (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\10.0\pysterr.log) into your reply.

• Carey

It’s a program called Chameleon Window, let me make windows semi-transparent, pin them as always on top, minimize to caption, minimize to tray icons, etc.

I am using Komodo IDE 9.3.2 nightlybuild 88216,

this is the error log: http://pastebin.com/qKkcRyKa

Can you try Komodo X and also try Komodo 9 without Chameleon modifying the Window?

• Carey

I did it, and I tried Komodo X without Chameleon too, the error continues…

I think I already know what is happening, my key bindings are sequences (to avoid overwriting default keybindings), so, I tested removing some keybindings and sometimes I don’t see the error window, I tested this:

Ctrl+< : no errors.
Ctrl+< , A : no errors.
Ctrl+< , A , S : ERROR cmd_callPart.
Ctrl+< , Z , X , C : ERROR cmd_callPart.
Ctrl+< , S , E , L : no errors.
Ctrl+{ , A , S , D : ERROR cmd_callPart.
Ctrl+´ , A , S , D : no erros.

Seems like some sequences with 3 or more characters throws me this error.

I don’t think Komodo supports sequences of more than 2. Regardless, we should be showing a proper UX for this. Nice find!

1 Like

Spoke too soon - works fine on Linux.

@careyh please test on WIndows.

Also works fine for me on Windows 10.

I get no error with any of the above sequences.

• Carey