Certificate error on "Check for update"

I work in an area that uses a proxy with a certificate provided to me by the organization for external access. I know that Komodo X is failing on update due to the certificate error by reviewing the pystderr.log file.

How do I get Komodo X to see my certificate?

You could just download the latest update manually from our website.

We do not provide any way of providing your own certificate, but we are based on Mozilla, same as Firefox, so anything that would apply to Mozilla would likely also apply to Komodo, eg:

For information on locating the Komodo profile folder see:

http://docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/Where-does-Komodo-keep-settings-data

Thanks Nathan.

I have previously just updated using the website. I do appreciate the automatic check though, so I’m hoping to fix it and keep up to date.

I did the ultra-simple copy/paste from my profile into the Komodo profile. That removed the error about the certificate.

Unfortunately, I still receive the “Update XML file malformed (200)” error but now I’m seeing a different error in the log.

komodo.activestate.com : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555 (0) in :0

I’m not entirely sure the error is correct, as it could be something from the proxy I go through. If you happen to know more on that subject, I’d love to hear it, although I know it’s not part of the original topic.

Edit:
The CVE error doesn’t seem relevant to the issues I had.

After copying the cert8.db file, I added two lines to the prefs.js file to solve my issues.

In “C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\10.0\XRE\prefs.js”:

user_pref(“app.update.cert.requireBuiltIn”, false);
user_pref(“extensions.install.requireBuiltInCerts”, false);

NOTE: Don’t edit the file with Komodo.

I now get the “No Updates Found” message as expected when checking for updates. I can also now download and install the Addons.