Behind the screen... Eye strain. Solution?

To be fair I’d say its far less effort to install a piece of software than it is to buy/use special glasses :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not just use f.lux? https://justgetflux.com/

It’s free, I personally don’t need that since my BenQ XL2430T has built in same function “Low Blue Light”

All I can think of

(Dredd - great movie - you’ll understand if you’ve seen it)

I was scared by this picture when it loads :smiley:

Thats what my eyes used to look like… Now I have the protection I need. Get the glasses and don’t become like them.

Now that I’ve been wearing them for a couple weeks now; I won’t work without them. It’s become a permanent part of my rig. Mac, Thunderbolt, Keyboard, Mouse, Glasses

It’s an improvement thats for sure.

Do you wear them when you’re not working behind a screen?

I wear them when i’m working ( which is every day ). I have two pair. One at the office, and one at home. I don’t wear them out at all.

It’s the Fluorescent lighting, and screen lights that bother me most. They filter it out enough that i don’t sort of struggle with focus, and the headaches have stopped completely.

If I was outside as much as I am inside I might try to wear them more outdoors, but the sad reality is I’m behind the screen much much longer than I am in the sun.

Have you tried wearing them outside? How does it change your perception?

Asking since I wear prescription glasses and would not like to be switching out glasses constantly.

Actually; I haven’t tried them outside. It’s not going to change the view or anything, but maybe my eyes will be more relaxed. I was looking over the Gunnar catalogue, and they have some really nice frames so I might just get a 3rd pair. They have style called ‘Haus’ which look perfect for wearing outside or on the metro or whatever.

I might just do that, but I’m trying to watch the $$. If they offered a free pair or whatever; hell yeah I would wear them outside everywhere. My eyes feel more relaxed at the end of the day which is also super important to me, and having a pair for day-to-day use might be even more beneficial. Probably end up getting a pair for outside too eventually.

Be sure to let me know how it works out if you do try it :slight_smile:

Driving with those would be fantastic.

Oh yeah; If you have light sensitivity sure. I think you feel it the most at the end of the day when your vision is normal. I used to come home, and not want to look at my screen because the screen light aggravated me. I felt annoyed by it.

Now; it’s pretty much normal. Whatever the glasses are doing it’s making my eyes feel better. It’s definitely blocking some kind of spectrum. Oh… and text is not blurring together at all. Before I had to muscle the focus but now it’s normal.

Basically; the headaches are gone, and my eyes feel fine.

I am trying to code with the “dasung paperlike” it’s an EinkMonitor in 13.3 at 15 frames per secondes it’s enough to write,

the 16grays scale mode is very slow, the 2-bit color mode black and white is good to write not to draw.
but i have some problems to configure komodo color scheme in black and wite.

Dasung paperlike

I’ve been using redshift for a month or two on Linux and now I don’t understand how I were working without it! My eyes are less tiring now :slight_smile: