Update with indentation issues

Where would I find that? I’ve searched for “indent” in the preferences and cannot find anything for Per-language.

Editor - Indentation :smiley:

That’s the indentation I’ve been referring to that is 4,4

I’m referring to Per-Language section. As you can see, I can set specific tab width for PHP language or any other language.

Also, try to disable `Allow file contents to override Tab and Indentation settings". If this won’t help, try to run Komodo with clean profile (write these commands in your terminal)

export KOMODO_USERDATADIR=/tmp/komodo
/path/to/komodo

If you still able to reproduce the issue with clean profile, then something wrong in your files.

I already have “Allow file contents to overriride Tab and indentation settings” disabled.
Here is my Preferences > Editor > Indentation

Ohh… Enable Show Advanced. I thought that Per language settings is not in Advanced settings.
Wait… they are not under Advanced settings… @nathanr?

Yes, I see them now under “Show Advanced”. But they are all set to 4,4.

Seems like I’m facing with some bugs with Show Advanced feature and TabulaRasa skin, but it’s not relevant to the issue.
Try to run Komodo with clean profile.

What does that mean and how do I do it? This is definitely a bug with the most recent update. Prior to KE9 being able to update, it completely crashed (never done that before) and I sent a bug report to you guys. I included my email so you guys could respond to me. After the crash, I was able to download and install the update. Since then, the indentation is always 2,2 on every file and there’s no way to fix it other then Current File Preferences. I would think a patch/update to fix this issue would be necessary.

export KOMODO_USERDATADIR=/tmp/komodo
/path/to/komodo

Type it in your terminal.
If this won’t help - then you should file a bug in our bugtracker as I don’t know what can cause this odd bug.

What should the “/path/to/komodo” be? The KomodoEdit.app?

Yes, I think.

Nope, it’s not the app. Not sure what path/to/komodo you’re referring to.

Also, as far as I know, a bug should’ve already been filed with my email on it. As mentioned, KE9 crashed and it auto prompted a bug report, which I filled out and submitted. I can submit another duplicate issue, but it would be nice to get followup on this issue.

Wait… they are not under Advanced settings… @nathanr?

You’re using an experimental skin …

Yeah I know :stuck_out_tongue:

Please check your global and project level prefs to ensure they aren’t setting 2,2 indentation.

Also note that Komodo respects .editorconfig as of version 9.2, so if you have .editorconfig anywhere in the path structure of the currently opened file it will respect the config set in there.

I’ve changed to use “Classic” skin. Is there a different one I should use that you suggest?
Where exactly do I check the globacl and project level prefs? The only place I know to check indentation is Preferences > Editor > Indentation. I’ve looked everywhere in here and they are all set to 4,4.
I cannot find any .editorconfig files in the path.

It wasn’t for you, it’s related to