Stylish add-on and Komodo 9

I wanted to increase the font size of the sidebar, listing project files, and searching through these forums the consensus was to use the Stylish add-on. However, the only way to use it I found was first to conjure the old add-on manager with:

ko.windowManager.openOrFocusDialog("chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul", "Addons:Manager")

and then to click on the icon of Stylish so that I can then proceed to add stylesheets. If I simply click on Tools > Add-ons and then choose Options for the Stylish add-on, I only get a useless window with a single “Manage…” button that does nothing.

Am I missing something here? Or is Stylish not compatible with Komodo 9? I am using 9.3.2 on MacOS X 10.11.4

Hi @ljbo3,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stylish is compatible and as you already noted, it runs fine with Komodo 9. The writer of Stylish stuck it in the Mozilla Addon manager unfortunately which we no longer use as it’s a major headache for users and the Komodo devs alike.

Your easiest work around here will likely be to dump the javascript code you pasted above, into a Userscript, assign a keybinding to it then trigger that keybinding when you want it. You can even add the Userscript as a menu item and call it legacy Addons.

• Carey

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction @careyh. I found out how to create a userscript and assign a key binding to it but how would I add a menu item to trigger it?

@ljbo3, look in the Gear menu of the Toolbox. You’ll see a New custom Menu or New Custom Toolbar option. Here’s the docs on Komodo Custom Menus and Toolbars.

• Carey

I see “New Custom Toolbar” but not “New Custom Menu”. I guess the latter is not available on OS X(?) But a toolbar will do. Thanks a bunch!

I think you are right. Glad I could help though.

• Carey