Russian translate / localization is here

So it’s bad. If russian or another man living in %country_name% trying to translate Komodo, he just will “eat cactus”, because he must edit UI files directly.

Topic is not for reporting bugs or any problems.
I have created a localization into Russian. Test version. And wanted to share it with the Russian-speaking people. We also talked about the fact that there is no possibility to overwrite individual lines of a file gui. Translate is possible only overwriting files themselves entirely. I have a program that automates the process of localization files. But dictionary for it is not finished yet. And yet it is bad and uncomfortable. Because for each new version has to do localization again.

Wow, that’s really cool Laborpago. Have you had a chance to check out the Komodo IRC channel to see if the Dev team can assist you in any way?

Komodo translation used to be supported by a piece of software called Babblefish but it was 3rd party supported I think and didn’t last.

Laborpago, you can chat with the dev team at irc.mozilla.org #komodo if you would like some input from the team.

@Defman21 , I’ve confirmed that a translation file is not planned for Komodo 9 unfortunately.

• Carey

Okay, okay! I just say it’s bad.

Yay, translated Komodo! In a non-Latin character set! Thanks :slight_smile:

I think Carey is thinking of BabelZilla. BabelFish is either a Douglas Adams reference or the old AltaVista translation service.

And yes, we’re based on the old Mozilla system (*.dtd / *.properties). I strongly suspect that Komodo has parts that aren’t translatable / are not internationalized correctly; please do file bugs / complain / etc. if you find those, so that we can fix them.

[1]: GitHub - Komodo/KomodoEdit: Komodo Edit is a fast and free multi-language code editor. Written in JS, Python, C++ and based on the Mozilla platform.[quote=“Defman21, post:10, topic:434”]
If russian or another man living in %country_name% trying to translate Komodo, he just will “eat cactus”, because he must edit UI files directly.
[/quote]

You do not have to edit UI files directly, save for some specific phrases the vast majority has been localized, the only thing that is really lacking at the moment is documentation on how to use those files. See your original thread for more details - Translate Komodo Edit on a different languages - #2 by nathanr

Or if you really wanna help out, [send in push requests][1] :slight_smile:

Huh :smiley:
I forgot that i create this topic :smiley:

Hello All. I did not expect such interest and support :slight_smile: I certainly will ask for support a little later. In the future, I think it will be possible to localize into other languages ​​if this is of interest. To do this, we need only the appropriate dictionary with the translated strings. But first I need to think about the format of the dictionary.

Интересует мнение народа. Нужно ли делать активными клавиши меню русской
раскладки или оставить оригинально, латиницу. Например, сейчас в меню
“Файл” есть активная клавиша “F” и она в скобках рядом. Можно
постараться сделать, чтобы вместо этого в “Файл” была подчёркнутая “Ф”.
И так далее. Честно говоря сам никогда не пользовался таким способом
выбора пункта меню, поэтому оставил оригинал пока и не стал
заморачиваться. Подозреваю, что поскольку процесс кодинга идёт на латинице, то смысла в активных клавишах на кириллице нет.

[hashtag]not_needed[/hashtag] Да и как же ты так постараешься? Если только править стили, аля (писал наугад, на самом деле там совершенно другие элементы)

.dropdown_menu span.menu_name:first-letter {
text-decoration: underline;
}

Или еще какие-то идеи?)
И ваще в тулбарах я хоткеями не пользовался. Наоборот они меня иногда злят, когда жмякну по альту, не замечу и начну писать код. Такое происходит с моим файлом, что это ужас))

И да, насколько мне известно, тут только 2 русских - я да ты)

Ну я надеюсь, что кто-нибудь набредёт ещё из поисковика. Тот, кто ищет русификатор.
На самом деле там всё проще. В тех же строках интерфейса они прописаны. Просто я их оставил в словаре оригинальными. Кстати, есть вариант их вообще убрать :slight_smile: Теоретически правда, это я не проверял.

Только что посмотрел. Правка-настройки-сочетания клавиш. В настройках есть опция “отключить alt+letter”. Только, к сожалению, она отключает это только в самой строке меню, а в остальных местах - нет.

veroyatnost’ etogo krayne mala. No ya tozhe nadeus’, 4to sudya zaglyanut eshe russkie :smile:

1 Like

@Laborpago Would you mind adding your translation to the Komodo Resources section? For now I’d just add it to the Miscellaneous category, I’ll consider adding a new “Translations” category.

Instructions: http://komodoide.com/resources/submit-instructions/#pane-resources

Я сделал новую версию. Перевёл, что бросалось в глаза. Кое-что поправил. Можно взять всё там же - http://technic-note.blogspot.ru/

1 Like

Не против, если я все таки залью это на гитхаб?)

Не против. Только толку в нём там никакого, мне кажется. Там никакого кода нет. Только оригинальные файлы с переведёнными строками.

Хорошо, тогда сейчас залью на github и в раздел resources. Авторы Komodo сами просили, чтобы все заливали на гитхаб и делали еще много чего, чтобы развивать раздел resources :smile:

ok. Defman21 do it for me. But no use (no benefit) in source code. Because there is only the original files with the translated strings.
However I’ll be happy appearance category localization. Sorry that it was not a couple of years ago when I was also looking for Russian localization.

The benefit would be to allow others to contribute translations, but it’s up to you of course.

Pull request send. After some time Russian localization will be in Resources.

RU:
Отправил им запрос на изменение одного файлика. Скоро твой аддон (это именно аддон, ибо “язык” (language) тут не подходит, у них это язык программирования (прим. bash, python и т.д.)) появится в ресурсах этого сайта (Resources).
Сурсы так же доступны, Лаборпаго. Не обессудь)