Preferences and HTML entities

Hope this isn’t too idiotic a question, but I’m new to Komodo with Komodo Edit 11.1 (and I’m loving it), but I am wondering: Is there a way to change the color of HTML entities in your HTML, like ó or ï, etc.? I can’t find anything in the preferences for that. Thanks.

It’s not an idiotic question but I don’t think I understand what you’re asking for. Could you provide some sample code with comments indicating what you want to see?

Hi, I just mean when you’re editing an ordinary html document and you use html entities, like é for an acute accented ‘e’, or — for an em dash, or – for an en dash, and so forth. In most html editors I have used (most recently Bluefish), you could go to preferences and modify their color, use bold font, whatever. I can’t find that in the preferences in Komodo, however. As far as I know, these are called “html entities,” at least I don’t know any other name for them. At any rate, I haven’t been able to find anything in the preferences that affects these. That’s my question.

Thanks.

P.S. Edited for clarity: You asked for code, but I can’t show you the code because the reply window automatically translates the code into the corresponding symbols. Not very helpful. I mean things like &-#-8-2-1-2-; for an em dash, or &-#-8-2-1-1-; for an en dash, etc. Hope that’s clearer.

Ahhh thanks for clarifying. And after that helpful explanation my response will be a let down. This is not possible unfortunately. We have a limited number of “identifiers” we can use in the editor to colour different things and we’ve used all of them so we can’t add it either.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

• Carey