Perltidy formatter doesn't work in Komod IDE 10.2

After updating to Komodo IDE, version 10.2.0, build 89833, platform linux-x86_64. Built on Fri Feb 17 15:05:44 2017 I cannot use my perltidy custom formatter any more. I’ve set it up as follows:

Name: perltidy
Language: Perl
Formatter: Generic command-line formatter
Executable: /home/me/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.1/bin/perltidy
Command-line arguments: -pro=~/.perltidyrc

When I run it (either on the full document or a selection) using my key binding or the context menu, I get this in the notification panel:

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFormatter.format]” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js :: _formatViewWithFormatterAndContext :: line 132” data: no]
Thu Feb 23 2017 11:59:54 GMT+0100 (CET)

And the following output in the log file:

ERROR:xpcom:Unhandled exception calling ‘int8 * format(in nsISomething);’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/me/Komodo-IDE-10/lib/mozilla/python/xpcom/server/policy.py”, line 303, in CallMethod
return 0, func(*params)
File “/home/me/Komodo-IDE-10/lib/mozilla/components/koGenericFormatter.py”, line 85, in format
context.prefset)
TypeError: Interpolate1() takes exactly 10 arguments (9 given)

Note that I have to specifically select the perltidy binary inside my perlbrew folder because it doesn’t find the right one automatically (the same as the perl interpreter and cover).

I have already recreated it with the same values to make sure this is not some left-over setting that hasn’t been upgraded properly, but that doesn’t help. There is no interpolation in those settings, but it still complains about not getting enough args to Interpolate1.

How can I fix this?

Hi, thank you for the report. I’ve logged a bug: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/2368

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There’s a nightly build out that addresses this problem: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/2368#issuecomment-282173021