Migrating from Komodo 9.3.2 to 10

Hi all,

Using Komodo IDE 9.3.2 for now but decide to test 10 version of the editor.
Questions.

1. The interface font size is too small, e.q. panels and menus. Can I increase it?
  2. Komodo edit tried to import my shortcuts from 9 version on install. Yes, the scheme name appeared, but no any real bindings. How I can apply them manually.
  3. Color schemes. How to import/export them?
  4. Snippets. The same question.

M.

What OS are you using?

Win7x64

Well ok.

1. You can, but I assume you want to use your own color scheme, so skip this for now.
  2. They are placed at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\9.3\schemes\<Keybinding_name>.kkf. Just copy C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\9.3\schemes to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\10.0
  3. See #2
  4. Copy tools folder from 9.3 to 10.0.

About the first one, once you’ve copied all your schemes, open Color Scheme Editor (Preferences - Color Scheme), pick “Interface” in top left dropdown menu and change “Size” to 1rem (or 1.1rem).

@Defman why are you explaining him how to manually import his settings? This is all automated and should NOT be done manually unless as a last resort.

@MaxA Komodo 10 automatically migrates most of your settings over from Komodo 9. Some settings are left behind but this is to ensure a stable install. If you decide to manually migrate these through copying config files you may be creating an unstable install. Keybindings, color schemes, snippets, … these should all be imported automatically from Komodo 9.

As for changing the font size, please see:

http://docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/Common-Komodo-X-Issues#common-komodo-x-issues_the-font-size-is-too-small