Komodo IDE X very strange lagging

Hi!

I’ve tried the Komodo IDE X trial, and i was a very strange experience.
I have a very strong PC (16GB RAM, i7 proc, SSD …) and this strange lagging happens only with Komodo IDE X.
Tried to reboot computer, restart app, this issue still there.

When i switch tabs, or only write to code, or do anything else with Komodom it freezes for 1-4 sec, then i can continue. This is happens on every min several times, so not only few times. The lag is simiar when i push ctrl+s and wait for save.

Is this the first time you installed Komodo on this machine? What type of files are you editing (local, remote, vcs, …)?

Hi!

No, i’m using Komodo since v7. Now i have installed 9 and X too.
It happens with local and remote files too.

Try seeing if the issue persists when you start with default settings:

http://docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/How-do-I-Start-Komodo-with-Default-Settings

It started with default setting ( i was disappointed because my lot of projects and remote connections gone).
This happens not only on edited files, i just tried to make a new snippet, then when i switched between name field to content textarea i had to wait because this lag too. So it’s happening on everywhere in software.
What methods can freeze whole software except Save method?

Hard to say. You’re saying there is a lag just changing focus between text fields?

Sorry, i’ve made a language mistake before.
So it happens not only on edited files, it’s happening on changing between fields too.
I just wanted to tell you, not only edited files affected with this issue, the whole software freezes frequently, within couple of seconds. The cursor not moving, selecting doesn’t works. There was not similar problem with 9.

Ok. To be on the safe side can you please follow these steps:

http://docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/How-do-I-Start-Komodo-with-Default-Settings

Otherwise we simply have to assume that your profile was ‘reset’ when updating, and I don’t like assuming things :slight_smile: Better to be sure.

Yeah, you are right, but i have a lot of ongoing jobs, i added 8 projects only past days, a lot of remote connections, and today some abbreviations XD… I can’t reset the whole again. Just lost everything not long ago because the upgrade. If there is not any option, i will let it go, a try to make my job between lags.
If you will have any other idea, or solution tell me :slight_smile:

If this issue very unique maybe there is problem on with my windows … Nobody report same issue?

Did you try to (temporarly) disable source code control integration?

Edit->Preferences, then open the folder “Source Code Control”, select the appropriate one and disable the checkbox on the top left.

This might be a source of lag in my experience, especially on larger projects.

@csimpi the steps I am suggesting do not permanently reset your settings, they only temporarily run Komodo with default settings, thus allowing us to find out if the issue you are experiencing is to do with your preferences :slight_smile:

Alternatively you could just hit Help > Troubleshooting > Restart in Safe-mode.

Hi guys, sorry for late reply, i had a lot of jobs :))
So, i opened Komodo console and split my screen two part, and frequently checked log windows when lag is happening.
I got this message after each lag:

[2017-01-09 22:47:30,890] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:361
[2017-01-09 22:47:30,891] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:366
[2017-01-09 22:47:38,062] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:361
[2017-01-09 22:47:38,063] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:366
  • info: The lag happening in SafeMode too

Console.log could cause some logs btw for some reason. However, using komodos logging module does not cause any lags.

Hey guys?! Nobody can help? Based on the log file i think you should see what is the problem. What the heck is this?
[WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:361

I’ve reseted everything but the issue still here.
Now i can write 3-8 character, then after komodo ide freezes for 5-10 sec, then i can continue (same time this log warning appears), then it freezes again…
… i’ve got headache because this frustrating lag. Please help me!!

You never said whether you tried this

There is on my prev message:

• info: The lag happening in SafeMode too

I’ve tried all kind reset and all part from Troubleshoot section :smiley: Lag still there

Anybody? What the hell is that error message in log? I can’t believe nobody knows (or nobody tells me) what is the problem.

The warning message (not error) in your log is unreleated. Are you using Komodo on a large project? Ie. your Places widget (left pane), is it pointing at a folder with a large amount of language files? By large I mean hundreds or more.

It happens with large and with very small project also. That warning only happens if lag happening. 100% it’s related.

Do you use the VCS widget? (bottom pane). Is it open at the time that the lag happens?