Komodo Edit: Crashes every time i try to create a new .PHP Doc

Greetings,

As said in the title, Komodo Edit crashes every time I try to create a new .php document, either blank or from a template.

I guess I’m curious whether this is a known issue or if it could somehow be on my end (I don’t see how, but strange days). And finally, I’m curious whether someone knows a fix or work-around.

Thanks!

EDIT: Additionally, it crashes when trying to open any .php documents.

Please attach your log after crashing.
Where is a log? Follow this instruction :smile: Important File Locations

Komodo version? OS type and version? My guess is Win 7. Please make sure you add your email address to the crash report so we can more easily find the report from YOU when we’re processing them. It takes a little time to get the processed crash reports (I have no idea why, ask @toddw) but adding your email will help us get to the bottom of your issue.

• Carey

Thanks for the blazing fast response!

I’m using Windows 7 x64
Komodo (I just downloaded it today) is: version 8.5.4, build 14424, platform win32-x86

Here are the contents of the logfile:

[2014-11-17 15:30:26,444] [WARNING] KoUDLLanguageBase: no lexer resource was found for 'PHP' language (no 'PHP.lexres' in lexers dirs)
[2014-11-17 15:30:26,621] [DEBUG] places_js: waiting for document complete
[2014-11-17 15:30:26,637] [WARNING] root: ko.findresults was already loaded, re-creating it.

I also sent a fresh crash report with my email and logfile contents.

Thanks everyone.

I have this sneaking suspicion though… Do I actually have to have PHP installed on my machine just to create PHP documents? Is that why I am getting an error? I don’t have to have PERL installed to my local machine to create perl scripts… Just curious. =)

Your sneaking suspicion is incorrect. The template files are just that, files save in a folder called “Templates” in the Komodo directory, no need for PHP there.

This actually sounds familiar. I’ll dig around and see if I can find anything related.

• Carey

It could be your download or installation is corrupted, as this error:

[2014-11-17 15:30:26,444] [WARNING] KoUDLLanguageBase: no lexer resource was found for 'PHP' language (no 'PHP.lexres' in lexers dirs)

means Komodo cannot load it’s own PHP parsing libraries (i.e. something is very broken).

So please try to download afresh from:
http://komodoide.com/
and then uninstall the old and reinstall the new download.

Any better?

Same problem after uninstalling, downloading, installing.

I checked the folders and the PHP.lexres does indeed exist where it looks like it belongs.
(\lib\mozilla\extensions\php_language@ActiveState.com\lexers)

Is it possible that this is a result of not using the default installation location?

Yes, that could be something to do with the install path (that was going to be my next question) - what is the installation path?

I re-installed to the default location and everything works perfectly. I’ll PM my previous installation path, in case it will help.

Thank you for all of your help, it was prompt and much appreciated.