Komodo debugging ruby 1.9.3 64 bit on mac os x

I’m using Komodo 7.1.3 on MacOS 10.10.5 and recently installed ruby 1.9.3 x86_64 using rvm. I am currently getting:
Error: cannot load such file – ruby-debug-base

The Komodo ruby debugger couldn’t load the ruby-debug-base component.
This library ships with Komodo, but also can be installed by running `gem install ruby-debug-base’

When I run it I get:

gem install ruby-debug-base
Fetching: linecache-1.3.1.gem (100%)
Building native extensions. This could take a while…
ERROR: Error installing ruby-debug-base:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/Users/bg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/bin/ruby -r ./siteconf20160327-17788-1qc41ya.rb extconf.rb

Can’t handle 1.9.x yet
*** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
–with-opt-dir
–with-opt-include
–without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
–with-opt-lib
–without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
–with-make-prog
–without-make-prog
–srcdir=.
–curdir
–ruby=/Users/bg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/bin/ruby

extconf failed, exit code 1

I notice that
/Applications/Komodo IDE.app/Contents/SharedSupport/dbgp/rubylib/1.9.3/ only shows an x86 folder and not a x86_64 folder.

Is there some combination of MacOS version and Komodo version I can run to be able to configure debugging for ruby 1.9.3 64 bit?

Thanks

This should help:

Btw I recommend you to update your Komodo to the latest version (9.3.2) :smiley:

Thanks, I’m on MacOS 10.10.5 and I don’t believe there are any *.so files The only libruby 1.9.3 files I have are:
/Users/bg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/libruby.1.9.1-static.a
/Users/bg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/libruby.1.9.1.dylib
/Users/bg/.rvm/src/ruby-1.9.3-p551/libruby.1.9.1-static.a
/Users/bg/.rvm/src/ruby-1.9.3-p551/libruby.1.9.1.dylib

Where and what do I symlink?

So you don’t have /usr/lib/libruby-1.9.1.so? I don’t have any Mac computer so you should wait for someone else. @careyh could you help?

You can either upgrade to the latest Komodo or download the Debugger bits which will include the 64x bits: http://downloads.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/9.3.2/remotedebugging/Komodo-RubyRemoteDebugging-9.3.2-88191-macosx.tar.gz

I would just copy the x86_64 folder from the 1.9.3 folder in that package into the folder you found was missing bits in your Komodo install. Good digging by the way.

I’m not 100% sure why your build doesn’t have them but around then is when we switch our OSX builds to build 64x, I think.

• Carey

ps. @Defman thanks for the assist. Reasonable attempt on your part but I believe that fix you posted only applies to Linux.

Thanks I installed Komodo 9.3.2 and that fixed the issue, also copying the x86_64 folder into “/Applications/Komodo IDE.app/Contents/SharedSupport/dbgp/rubylib/1.9.3/” seems to fix the issue for Komodo 7.1.3.

Nailed it!!! er I mean…that’s great to hear. Glad you’re up and running @bgrudulis

• Carey