Komodo 3.5.3 Pro and PHP Debug

Is there still support or knowledge available for Komodo 3.5? I use to have a working setup about 7 years ago. I’m getting back into some minor development. My environment is a bit different now and I haven’t found the magic answer to get debug working.

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit
Komodo Pro 3.5.3
Xampp win32 7.2.3-VC15

php --version
PHP 7.2.3 (cli) (built: Feb 28 2018 06:07:53) ( ZTS MSVC15 (Visual C++ 2017) x86 )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with Xdebug v2.6.0, Copyright © 2002-2018, by Derick Rethans

I downloaded xdebug from zend using the recommendation based on phpinfo. I updated my php.ini file to include:
zend_extension = C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.6.0-7.2-vc15.dll
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9001

The Komodo debug config is setup to listen on port 9001 and not use the debugger proxy. Advanced settings are default values – 25 children / page; 10240 variable data; and recursive depth set to 1.

The PHP language tab looks as follows:

I step through the configuration wizard and get the following settings:

It gives me an error … “PHP Debugging configuration failed. PHP is configured, but was unable to load the debugger extension. Please consult …”. I didn’t have this problem before with previous versions of xampp. I’m wondering if the applications are no longer compatible with the older version of Komodo.

Thanks for any advice!

I’m sorry, we do not support Komodo 3.5, this version was released over 10 years ago (!!). You appear to be willing to use a new OS version and PHP version, why not try a new IDE version? :wink: