Komodo 11 Released

In case this wasn’t clear already, Komodo 11 has been released.

Check out the release blog here:

I have a large add-on that has both extension and user-defined language elements that I started in KomodoIDE 8.5.

It looks like I may need to do some updates to it to make it compatible with version 11.

Do you have a roadmap somewhere for extension developers that lists the changes needed?

From my poking around so far it looks like my XUL overlay and dialogs are ok, the .udl and pylib .py files are ok, but that my JavaScript that calls Components.classes and Components.interfaces, such as…

var koDoc = ko.views.manager.currentView.koDoc;
    var Display = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].
	createInstance(Ci.nsILocalFile);
    var runSvc = Components.classes["@activestate.com/koRunService;1"]
	.getService(Components.interfaces.koIRunService);

are replaced the Komodo IDE SDK…

var language = require("ko/editor").getLanguage();

which looks like should at least make my code much more readable.

Suggestions would be appreciated!

Kevin

SDK wise not a ton has changed aside from introducing new options to do things. There were some slight breaking changes between 8 and 9 though, see: http://docs.komodoide.com/SDK/Changes

Note that the codeintel component in Komodo 11 is not yet extensible. 11.1 will facilitate this through the Language Server Protocol.

Thanks!

I build my .xpi file by running koext in a shell script (that does a lot of stuff to make sure all updates are included), so tweaking it to use the Version 11 of koext got everything back as expected.

Kevin