jQuery support in Komodo 11.1?

I have been wondering for a while now: does Komodo IDE 11.1 include support (code-completion and syntax checking etc.) for jQuery?

-FF

Hi, it does support some jQuery. Edit > Preferences > Code Intelligence > API Catalogs

Ok, great, thank you but how much? The API catalogs entry doesn’t say anything about support

At a minimum our unit tests say you’ll get jQuery completions for $.| and $("...").|, where | is the caret position. I’m not familiar enough with jQuery to tell you more, but I’d imagine CodeIntel can do more than that.

Sorry for this late reply.

From your answer I gather jQuery is not exactly a top priority, is it? It’s not a critique, I am just trying to figure out where jQuery is located in the grand scheme of Komodo things.

-Franco

Hi, we are not actively working on our jQuery catalog. If you have any suggestions or bug reports, feel free to submit them to our bug tracker: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues

Ok, thank you.

My main concern is simply support for jQuery. I try not to use fancy frameworks if I can help it. Each additional layer of technology takes time to learn, makes you dependent on external companies for expertise and support and updates, most likely introduces new bugs, and makes your application slower. jQuery can make certain action a bit slower, but is otherwise is a very compelling solution, latest and greatest frameworks notwithstanding. So my choice of IDE depends crucially on jQuery support (which incidentally is installed on 80+ websites worldwide).

Best,
Franco