Very often i would like to insert one of five small texts

<print($);

The fastest way is now with
/*

<print($);

*/

move /* from top to bottom.

But with something like ALT+

it would be faster. Can i do something like this with komodo?

@anjade can you edit your post and wrap your code snippets in either back ticks or click the </> option above where you’re editing your text? I’d do it but it’s not clear what your example is showing me.

I THINK you’re asking for wrapping your code in comments? You can press Ctrl + / to comment out code and Ctrl + Shift + / to uncomment.

• Carey

Thank you. And no.

I want to add some text just with a short-cut;
normally you copy something Mark+STRG+C, then you insert it with STRG+V;
i would like to have a short-cut like:

STRG+{whatever} to add always the same text into my code, because it write it 5 million times in a day. An alternative would be another program to have more than one copy and paste; then i could copy the needed things one time in the morning and never touch them, while copy+c is used all the time.

It seems that STRG+D is free; so everytime i press STRG+D i want to insert

“This is a wonderful text”

in my code.

Ahhh understood. You’re looking for Auto Abbreviations Snippets, http://docs.activestate.com/komodo/11/manual/snippets.html

You can add them per language and give them specific trigger names which will cause the snippet to be injected when you type mysnippet then “Space”. There is also a command you can set a keybinding to in Prefs > Keybindings: Search for “Insert Abbreviation…”. The docs should explain how to get started but please let me know if you have further questions.

• Carey