IDE 9 golang codeintel failure

referencing Komodo IDE 9: Error compiling outline: unable to locate Go executable

log lines:

[2015-05-12 20:40:24,644] [ERROR] process: process.py: can't execute None ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\lib\mozilla\extensions\golang@activestate.com\golib\outline.exe" d:\daniel\documents\go\src\bang\cluster\cluster.go)
[2015-05-12 20:40:24,667] [ERROR] codeintel.go: Error executing '['C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\\lib\\mozilla\\extensions\\golang@activestate.com\\golib\\outline.exe', u'd:\\daniel\\documents\\go\\src\\bang\\cluster\\cluster.go']': [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[2015-05-12 20:40:24,727] [ERROR] codeintel.indexer: unexpected internal error in indexer: ignoring and continuing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\codeintel2\indexer.py", line 516, in run
    self._iteration()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\codeintel2\indexer.py", line 583, in _iteration
    buf.scan(mtime=request.mtime)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\codeintel2\citadel.py", line 279, in scan
    scan_error = scan_tree[0].get("error")

This log suggests that the executable argument is empty in the _execute_child function in <komodo-root>/lib/mozilla/python/komodo/process.py. I’ve not figured-out where executable is specified yet, but I can see that it is external to the _execute_child function in process.py.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get golang code intelligence to work based on the problems above? Is there any more information I can provide to help diagnosis?

Could you verify that those paths exist?

hi.

yes, both paths are correct, and do exist:

• The outline.exe path is a manually-created compilation of outline.go at the same location (because komodo doesn’t have permission to compile the outline.exe in that folder by default, so I did the compilation for it).
  • The cluster.go file is in my project dir, and was the file I had open in the editor.

I tell a lie. Just re-verifying that I discovered that the outline.exe that I manually compiled has magically disappeared. (I definitely put it there!) I’m guessing komodo has deleted it in it’s attempt to recompile on start-up - does it try to compile the outline.go every time the editor starts, rather than just when it has changed?

I’ve opened a bug for this issue here: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/268

Looking at the code it seems as if it recompiles the executable on each use.