I am running Komodo 9.3 And having mouse indenting issue while saving the file

I am running Komodo 9.3 And having mouse indenting issue while saving the file. If i select Save As, Mouse cursor is indenting. It is happening only in this program. It works fine with other programs like Word, Excel.

Can you please explain what you mean by “Mouse cursor is indenting”

For example if i want to “save As” the file. In the File Name field (Where we type the file name), cursor is blinking half way. If i bring the cursor back to far left to type my file name, it moves half way after typing every word.

@KishanPatel,

You’re talking about this issue: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/237

• Carey

Hi Careyh,
This is the exact Issue I have. I looked at the issue you provided me as a reference but couldn’t find the answer.

Sorry, Can you please provide me hint?

Thanks Careyh :slight_smile:

@KishanPatel, there is no fix or workaround. The issue is benign and an aesthetic problem only so you can type as you normally would. You’ll notice that the cursor is not actually “physically” moving.

It is a very minor annoyance that is only hit when you’re saving a brand new file that was created in Komodo, and it only happens on Windows. Because of that we have prioritize other issues to be more important.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. I’m sorry it’s not exactly what you were hoping to hear but you should be happy to know that it will not effect your file at all when typing in the name and saving.

• Carey

Thanks Careyh. :slight_smile:

Sort of a workaround: Use Commando instead :slight_smile: It supports relative and absolute paths.

@nathanr, this is while saving a file, not opening. I don’t think Commando applies here.

I see, my bad.