How to stop Komodo Edit cursor from blinking

I use vim keybindings in Komodo, and the cursor never stops flashing even when moving the position with direction key pressed down (key repeat) resulting in about a second of invisible cursor while it is moving quickly and me having no idea where it is.

In the past, the solution was to run a userscript whenever a file is opened for editing that would disable the cursor blinking:
if (ko.views.manager.currentView && ko.views.manager.currentView.getAttribute(“type”) == “editor”) {
ko.views.manager.currentView.scimoz.caretPeriod = 0;
}

The problem is that this script works too well now! The cursor stops blinking correctly, by staying off entirely!

Does anybody know how to resolve this in Komodo Edit 10.1 ?

What changed (that you’re aware of) that caused this to stop working for you? A Komodo version upgrade? OS update? Moon phase?

• Carey

Originally I thought it was a recent Komodo version update … but now it looks like moon phase on this one.

I restarted Komodo Edit, and the script is now working as intended with the cursor visible but not blinking. I have been unsuccessful in trying to replicate the problem again.

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for your quick response to my query.

No problem, @gav. Don’t hesitate to come back if the issue returns. We’ll help you figure it out.

• Carey