Hover tooltip lose focus problem

Just to double check the version - can you open the Help > About Komodo dialog and check that the build number is 85928.

I got these info:

« license info
Licensed to Yonghui Wang (Commercial license, serial number S43072910C).
« build info
Komodo IDE, version 8.5.4, build 85928, platform win32-x86. Built on Tue May 13 01:01:57 2014.
copy build info

Hi all,

I have this version:
Komodo IDE, version 8.5.4, build 86686, platform win32-x86.
Built on Thu Jul 17 01:07:54 2014.
and I still have the same problem.
How to fix it? it’s quite annoying :confused:

Hi,

the build we can get so far in the latest section is not fixing the problem, whereas the 85928 it does.
How can I get that version?

Are you using a HiDPI (High DPI) monitor by any chance? If so could you try @Defman21’s suggestion here: High DPI mode

I am using HIDPI, following suggestion does solved the problem
my current resolution is 1440*900
following this calculation:
sqrt(1440^2+900^2)/13 = 130, after I set my
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\logPixels value
to 130 decimal, the komodo works good.

you must change DPI in Windows.
To do it, you can read this: Change DPI on Windows11
I recommended “OPTION TWO” in this guide, because you can type a normal value, not percent.
Your dpi: sqrt(3200^2+1800^2)/13 = 282

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll try to have this fixed in a nightly.

Hi,

thanks for your kind answers.
In my laptop monitor i have 1920*1080 resolution, so, applying the formula you gave, I get 169 which is a quite large value for DPI in windows… all the icons become so large

Komodo 9 is DPI aware, but Komodo 8 is not…

Try using the Cupertino icon set, this is the only iconset that is compatible with HiDPI monitors at the moment.

You can also try the Komodo IDE 9 pre-release here - http://komodoide.com/download/#preview

Thank you again for this reply, i just wonder whether my license is good to make komodo 9 run.
I just bought a komodo ide license last week, the one for one developer.

Hi all,

I have tested both cupertino icons and komodo9 release and none of them is working fine with this problem.

For all who use my formula - “13” - is your Diagonal!!! It’s not a fixed value. You must change this on your value or this formula give you a bad value.
Also you can use this site to get your DPI: https://www.sven.de/dpi/
Sorry if I confused somebody with this :smile:

Thank you very much!
my laptop is 16 inches so the formula gave 137.
I applied this and it worked but… there is a but!
In fact, when I change the DPI with a so large value, all the fonts on komodo window appear blurry.
I have to uncheck the checkbox “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” in the compatibilty tab of komodo.exe property page.
When I do this, the look&feel appears fine, but again, the hovering is not working.

It seems we need a fix from active state in order to sort things out…

unfortunately, I make another test, using the calculation to get my dpi, actually this solution does not solve the problem!

Unfortunately I don’t know another methods to solve your problem, guys. Use IDE9 when HiDPI was supported.

The thing is that komodo IDE 9 does not work either.
Still the same problem, unless I did not do something correctly.

I just installed ide 9, the Alpha version available for download and used my custom dpi set to 125%.
Still the hovering tooltips are not well appearing.

To clarify - are hover tooltips your “only” issue regarding HiDPI? (ie. you do not see blurry fonts on K9),

Hi Nathan,

sorry if I was not clear.
I saw blurry fonts on Windows 8, using komodo 8.5.4 nightly with DPI set to 136 (as given by the formula) and the flag “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” of the “compatibility” tab of komodo.exe property page left unchecked.
In that case, the value given by the Defman21 workaround works fine, but the blurry fonts are not letting me using the application at all.
If I flag that checkbox, the look&feel comes back nice but the workaround does not work any more.
In both previous cases, the fonts are too big and not pretty comfortable anyway.
If I set DPI to 125, which is the value I would use, there is no need to check that flag, because I don’t see blurry fonts at all, but the hover tooltips don’t work fine: I see them but not “hovering” on the $variable but going around it somewhere.

With Komodo 9 I did not have the need to set the checkbox with 125 DPI, so no blurry fonts on that value, but still (and worse) with that value I could not see any hovering on any position around the $variable at all.
Changing to 136, I don’t see blurry fonts (so there’s no need to set that checkbox) but again cannot see hovering tooltips at all, regardless of how wandering around the $variable.
On Komodo 9, even using Cupertino appearance, it does not change at all anything.
But why on Komodo 9 I cannot see hovering at all?

Komodo 9 is onbly a pre-release version, to be considered an “alpha”, keep that in mind :smile:

I’ve opened a new bug report for HiDPI on Windows so we can get to the bottom of this, please feel free to CC yourself if you want to receive updates on the issue - https://bugs.activestate.com/show_bug.cgi?id=104640