Errors when creating language extension

I can’t seem to create a language extension, when I fill out the info in the creation dialog I get 2 JavaScript Application error messages, the first says:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFileEx.open]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://koextgen/content/koextgen_lib.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 125"  data: no]
arg filename: /home/tory/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/udl/c-mainlex.udl

The second says:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFileEx.open]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://koextgen/content/koextgen_lib.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 125"  data: no]
arg filename: /home/tory/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/components/koC_UDL_Language.py

Then the command output says this

koext: create /home/kornklown/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/pylib/codeintel_c.py (codeintel language master)
koextlib: warning: `/usr/lib/bin/komodo' doesn't exist
koext: create /home/kornklown/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/pylib/cile_c.py (codeintel language scanner)

I think something wrong with your Komodo installation. BTW try to symlink komodo binary to /usr/lib/bin/

Strange, it’s not really standard for binaries to be in /usr/lib/bin… Anyways I symlinked /usr/bin/komodo-edit to /usr/lib/bin/komodo, and I still get the two ‘Javascript Application’ errors, but the koextlib: warning:/usr/lib/bin/komodo’ doesn’t exist` error is gone, but it still isn’t working. ‘C’ isn’t showing up under Languages or Languages->Other.

I’m using the Mystic-Mirage PPA on Ubuntu.

Please post the errors you get now, after fixing the komodo bin issue.

The first error message:

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFileEx.open]” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://koextgen/content/koextgen_lib.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 125” data: no]
arg filename: /home/kornklown/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/udl/c-mainlex.udl

The second error message:

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFileEx.open]” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://koextgen/content/koextgen_lib.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 125” data: no]
arg filename: /home/kornklown/Projects/Addons/Komodo/C-Language/components/koC_UDL_Language.py

What the reason of using PPA to download Komodo? Please download Komodo from this page and try to create a language again.

OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong, I thought I could enter multiple file extensions but appearantly it only accepts 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

I moved a post to a new topic: UDL Styling questions