Component returned failure when creating a remote SFTP connection

I am trying to create a remote folder to connect to the SFTP location. I am able to connect to this via filezilla and other text editors with FTP capabilities but cant seem to connect and get this error.

Any advice on the below issue would be great as I am a new user to this program.

Error: '[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIRemoteConnectionService.getConnection2]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/dialogs/filebrowser/filebrowser.js :: connectToServer :: line 1559" data: no]'

Is SFTP enabled on the server? You said you’re using FTP in Filezilla.

• Carey

Sorry, Yes SFTP is enabled on the server, miss typed… All the servers that i get access to via my work are SFTP minor a few, but doesnt seem any (SFTP or FTP are able to connect via the application.

Could it be due to being on the trial edition?

No, there are no restrictions in the trial other than how long you can use it.

I need more info. That error you shared unfortunately doesn’t tell me much other than the background code failed in a way we didn’t expect.

What do you have in each field? Could you take a screenshot of your server config? Obfuscate your server name and username before sharing. Just make sure those are right on your end.

• Carey

Hello, here is an image of what is placed into the remote accounts section. it uses the same information as I have used in Filezilla and Dreamweaver connections.

After this, I hit apply then okay and go to the open remote folder section to choose a server (this new one created) and click the new created serve. after about 10-30s this image comes up which is the resulting error

Thanks for any help, hope its a simple resolve or a user error on my part.

Would it be possible for you to sent those credentials to our support email so I can try this myself?

support @ activestate . com

If you do send an email please make sure to reference this forum post.

• Carey